Chard is one of those leafy green vegetables that takes some time to learn how to cook just right. It is delicious and packed full of nutrients, and this recipe is easy and perfect for chard newbies!
- 1 bunch of chard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Wash the chard and cut in chiffonade-- stack the leaves on top of each other. Roll into a cylinder and cut the chard into 1/4-1/2 inch strips. Cut the stems into small pieces too.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the chopped garlic. Let it cook for a minute, and then add the chard and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Stir and saute for a minute or two.
- Add 1/4-1/3 cup of water to the pan, cover it and turn the stove to high.
- The water will start to boil and will finish cooking the chard with steam. This will only take a minute or two, so don't go anywhere.
- Once the water has all boiled off, throw in a couple tablespoons of lemon juice to deglaze the pan and take the pan off the heat.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve.
Chef Note: It takes a little practice to get it just right, but this 5 minute recipe is a real crowd-pleaser.