This fish cake recipe is a quick and easy weeknight dinner or meal plan for the week ahead.
Servings: 4 to 6 cakes
- 1 1/4 lbs Tilapia fillets (can also use Salmon or your preferred flaky fish)
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 3 green onions, finely diced
- juice from 1 lemon & zest
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs low-fat mayo
- 1 tbs mustard
- 3 cup panko crumbs
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place Fillets on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake until fish is cooked and can be easily flaked with a fork (about 15 minutes depending on thickness).
- In a large bowl, add fish and use a fork to flake into small pieces. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, egg, mayo, peppers, green onion, and salt & pepper. Mix to combine. Add breadcrumbs and olive oil onto a plate or dish and wet crumbs
- Form fish cakes into 8 equal sized portions and roll each side of the fish cake into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place in air fryer at 400F for 10 minutes.
- Serve, share, and enjoy!