This recipe is packed full of veggies and spices, the perfect comfort food for the fall season. Cashew Curry, created by Ready set Dinner, is a vegetarian dish filled with fresh onions, green beans, cauliflower, and more!
Ingredients (4 servings):
1 1/2 cup (9.9 oz) long-grain white rice
20.3 fl oz water
8.5 oz red onions
7.1 oz green beans
3 cup, cubes (11.3 oz) cauliflower
7.1 oz firm tofu
13.5 fl oz canned coconut milk
2.1 oz cashew nuts
3 Tbsp curry powder
3/4 tsp salt
6 cloves of garlic
- Dice red onion, cut ends off green beans and divide them into 3 pieces each, cut cauliflower into florets, and cut tofu into bite-size chunks. Press garlic.
- Cook rice: Pour it into a strainer and wash it while swirling your hand through the water and the rice for about 2-3 minutes. This releases the starch and the rice gets less sticky. When the water coming out at the bottom runs clear, put the rice into a pot and add 2/3 of the water. Bring it to a boil and once the water is boiling turn down the heat to the lowest level. Let the rice simmer until it has absorbed all the liquid and is tender (use additional liquid, if needed).
- While the rice is cooking, put oil into a pan, add onions and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes until onions become translucent.
- Add coconut milk and whisk in curry powder and salt. Simmer uncovered for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tofu, cauliflower, and green beans, cover and continue to simmer for about 5-7 minutes until the cauliflower and beans are tender.
- Remove from the heat, stir in cashews and serve over fluffed rice.
Ready set Dinner creates customized weekly recipe collections for you and writes your shopping list at the click of a button. Are you also tired of the constant dinner hassle? Sign up for FREE.