It's National Taco Day and we are celebrating with a delicious new recipe created by Ready set Dinner. Although not a taco, a burrito bowl is is just as good and makes for an easy meal the whole family will love. This recipe takes around 25 minutes and is the ideal dish to store for leftovers.
Ingredients (4 servings):
- 15.5 oz canned black beans
- 1.1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 8.1 fl oz chicken broth
- 20 1/4 Tbsp fresh cilantro (coriander leaves)
- 1 cup (5.3 oz) frozen corn
- 3.0 clove garlic
- 1 1/4 cup (7.4 oz) long-grain white rice
- 4.2 oz Mexican blend cheese
- 1 1/4 (4.9 oz) onions
- 1 dash pepper
- 320 g salsa
- 1 dash salt
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Dice onions, press or mince garlic.
- Press 'Sauté' on Instant Pot (or equivalent in another pressure cooker) and wait for the display to read 'hot'.
- Add oil into the pot and once it's hot, add onions and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until onions get translucent.
- Stir in cumin and cook for another 30 seconds. Add a quarter of the chicken broth, scrape up browned bits from the bottom of the pot and let simmer for 1 minute.
- Add chicken, beans, corn, and salsa and mix everything well. Add the rice and the remaining chicken broth. Don't stir, but ensure that the rice is covered with liquid.
- Close and lock the lid, make sure the seal is activated, press 'Pressure cook' (or equivalent), and adjust the timer to 10 minutes. If desired shred cheese, destem and slice cilantro.
- When the timer goes off, press 'Cancel' (or equivalent), switch the steam release valve to 'venting' to release the steam quickly. When the float valve drops down, unlock and open the lid.
- Stir everything well and serve, if desired add shredded cheese and fresh cilantro on top.
Ready set Dinner creates customized weekly recipe collections and writes your shopping list at the click of a button. If you're tired of the constant dinner hassle, sign up for free.