Perfect as a breakfast main or served as a refreshing dessert, this recipe from Bowermans Blueberry Farm brings together a delicious mix of fruity and sweet.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided,
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a 10-in. cast-iron or another ovenproof skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter over medium heat.
- Add pears; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, milk, eggs, syrup, vanilla, and salt until smooth; pour over pears.
- Bake at 450° until puffy, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the remaining butter.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and the remaining brown sugar.
- Spread over the pancake.
- Bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
- If desired, top with whipped cream. Enjoy!