A recipe for dessert you don't have to feel bad about! Black Bean Brownies are a delicious alternative to your traditional chocolate squares. This recipe is packed with protien and easy to make. It was created by 8 Track Foods who set out to design products to sustain our planet and feed our growing population.
- One 15 ounce can of 8 Track Foods Classic Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup oats or oat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 dark chocolate bar, broken (save some to sprinkle on the top)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease clear 8X8 pan.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor (except the chocolate bar).
- Mix all ingredients until well blended. Be patient, it can take 10 minutes. While mixing, eat the other half of the chocolate bar (wink!)
- Fold in dark chocolate pieces and sprinkle a few on the top.
- Bake 14-16 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Cool and enjoy!
Food Science Tip: Make your own oat flour! Grind your oats in a coffee grinder or food processor before adding to the recipe to give brownies a smoother texture and to reduce mix time.