What fruit is more perfect for fall than apples? Pair your farm fresh apples of the season with our homemade apple pie recipe for a sweet treat everyone will love. Add a dollop of whipped cream or ice cream as the perfect topping.
- 1 pie crust (Who has time to make this? Store bought pie crust is great!)
- 6 cup thinly sliced, apples (about 2-1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle apples with lemon juice. In a large bowl, stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add apple slices; gently toss until coated.
- Transfer apple mixture to the pie crust and sprinkle with crumble topping. To prevent over-browning, cover the edge of the pie with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 minutes more or until the apples are soft and the filling is bubbly.
Crumb Topping Instructions
In a medium bowl, stir together all-purpose flour and brown sugar, and butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.