It's that time of the year where fall squash is officially in season. Spaghetti squash is one of the most vibrant and nutrient-dense vegetables that should be part of your recipe routine. It's a good source of fiber and vitamin C and has a nutty flavor making it healthy and tasty for a variety of recipes. If you haven't cooked with spaghetti squash before you're probably wondering the best way to prepare it, so we put together a step-by-step breakdown to get the most out of your local produce from Market Wagon.
How to Cook Spaghetti Squash
1. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise
2. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon
3. Poke holes in the skin side of the spaghetti squash with a fork
4. Drizzle the insides of the spaghetti squash with olive oil, salt, and black pepper
5. Place it cut side down on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet
6. Put it into a pre-heated 400-degree oven and roast for approximately 45 minutes
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 15-20 minutes
8. Once it is cool enough to touch, use a fork to scrape the strands in the spaghetti squash
9. Now it's ready to enjoy
You can add some salt and pepper or your favorite seasonings and serve it as a side dish just like this, or you can add it to your favorite spaghetti squash recipe.
Note: Alternatively, you can cool the spaghetti squash and freeze it for use later.