This Spinach and Bacon quiche is a delicious morning dish. Using Applewood Smoked Bacon gives this dish another layer of flavor. Cheddar cheese pairs perfectly, but you could substitute for another cheese if you like.
- 2 cups spinach leaves chopped
- 16 ounces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 6 large eggs
- 1 and 1/4 cups half & half
- 1 and 1/4 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 9 inch pie crust
Since you are blind baking the pie crust, you will need parchment paper and dry beans.
- Preheat oven to 400F. In a pie dish, place unrolled (store bought) pie dough and crimp the edges. Next line with parchment paper and add dry beans. Bake for 12 minutes and set aside.
- In a pot, add olive oil, heat, then add spinach, onion, garlic, and cooked bacon. Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to the pie dish, spread evenly, then add cheese on top.
- Next whisk together the eggs and half and half, then pour the egg mixture into the pie.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 55 minutes or until the center is set.
- Let sit for 15 minutes. Serve warm to room temperature. Enjoy!